The Wellness Network (TWN) provides relevant educational content to assist healthcare facilities in providing better patient care via their content libraries and delivery systems or direct-to-patient engagements. Due to the highly targeted nature of our audience, TWN aims to present our viewers with advertisements that are truthful, non-deceptive, tasteful, appropriate for our audiences, and consistent with our reputation, ethical standards, and channel programming objectives. To serve this objective, all advertisements is submitted to our external Advisory Board for review and approval prior to contract execution. Our standards and external review process enable us to ensure we are providing appropriate advertising to our patient and hospital staff communities.
The Wellness Network reserves the right to:
- Accept or reject any advertisements;
- Require elimination or revision of any material in advertising copy which violates The Wellness Network standards, policies or guidelines; federal, state or local laws or regulations; or is otherwise contrary to the public interest; and
- Reject any advertising where the advertised product, program or service could negatively affect its audience
In order to determine the acceptability of advertising material, The Wellness Network has the right to investigate the accuracy of all statements and claims made in advertising copy. This includes requiring the advertiser to provide substantiation or documentation, providing a reasonable basis for its claims.
Guidelines and Principals:
Below are some general guidelines and principals our external Advisory Board follows in making a determination on specific advertisements:
- Is the content false, misleading, or fraudulent?
- Is the content discriminatory as to race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, physical disability, sexual orientation or language?
- Does the content include, without limitation, unlicensed pharmaceuticals, health care providers or services, pharmacies and studies or clinical trials, which are not conducted pursuant to FDA approval or standards?
- Is the content appropriate in the hospital setting and for the channel’s primary audiences;
The following categories of products and services will not be accepted:
- Firearms/ firearm ammunition, weapons, and fireworks
- Fortune telling, phrenology, numerology, clairvoyance, telekinesis or other similar services and product
- Illegal drugs
- Sexually explicit publications & services
- Speculative Investments
The following categories of advertising will be subject to additional scrutiny:
- Cosmetic surgery
- Issues of public controversy
- Legal services
- Medical & health related products outside of FDA regulatory oversight
- Nutritional supplement and weight loss products
For more information about advertising and sponsorship opportunities, please contact our advertising team.