Deliver the health and wellness your veterans need and deserve.
Position your facility to achieve health and wellness objectives, address nursing indicators, and meet performance and quality measures with VA Solutions. Enhance quality of care with accurate and engaging video and print messaging, integrated into clinical workflow and delivered across multiple points of care.
IMPROVE PATIENT EDUCATION
VA Solutions can help you engage and educate veterans where and when they need it most with thousands of health and wellness resources on a variety of topics including: heart health, stroke care, cancer, diabetes, smoking cessation, mental health, stress reduction and more.
Dedicated health education channels.
Leverage TVs in patient rooms, specialty and outpatient clinics, and waiting rooms to deliver customized health channels.
Integrated patient instruction.
Deliver and document print instructions via CPRS.
Comprehensive video library.
Provide patients with an award-winning, easily accessible video library.
Promotional tools and utilization support.
Build awareness and engage both staff and patients.
TRANSFORM PATIENT CARE
Integrated patient education from VA Solutions can help you improve clinical productivity, allowing staff more time for direct patient care and align with Joint Commission standards and elements of performance.
Meet SAIL, HEDIS® and ORYX® performance and quality measures.
Seamlessly integrate education resources into your EMR and clinical workflow.
Engage patients with easily understood and accessible content.
Meet multi-cultural needs with many resources available in Spanish.
Support veterans and their families with valuable education resources 24/7.
Recommended Patient Education Videos and Resources
Proven easier to understand and retain, video is a powerful education tool that helps improve learning outcomes. Our extensive patient education library offers over 1,000 programs on a variety of topics including diabetes, cancer, heart disease, healthy aging, medication adherence, patient safety, pain relief, anxiety reduction and more. This library includes more than 50 veteran-specific programs.
- Cardiology Library: Primary and secondary prevention, heart failure, stroke, arrhythmias, heart surgery, beta blockers, heart attack, CABG, cardiac rehabilitation
- Diabetes Library: Understanding diabetes, nutrition, exercises, medications, monitoring, complications, behavior change, emotions
- Gastroenterology Library: GI procedures, ostomy, conditions
- Integrative Medicine Library: Non-pharmacologic pain management, stress reduction, relaxation, sleep
- Mental & Emotional Health Library: Management, addiction, stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia, PTSD
- Nephrology Library: Chronic kidney disease
- Neurology Library: Alzheimer’s, seizure disorders
- Oncology Library: Types, treatments, living with cancer
- Orthopedics Library: Joint replacement
- Pulmonology Library: Managing COPD and understanding, preventing and treating pneumonia
- Quality of Care Library: Patient safety, fall prevention, preventing infections, sepsis prevention, VRE, C. diff prevention, urinary catheter: how to prevent infection, hand washing, MRSA prevention, preventing bloodstream infections, infection control, preventing IV-related infections, medications management, preventing surgical site infections, surgery, and hospital discharge
- Wellness Library: Smoking Cessation, nutrition, and fitness
Integrated Patient Instructions
Whether planning for admission or discharge, conducting daily teaching, or preparing veterans for procedures, printable Patient Instructions play an important role in improving care and helping veterans achieve optimal health.
- Choose from over 5,000 customizable patient instructions.
- Provide trusted content on diagnoses, procedures, medications, treatments, medical devices, diets, follow-up care and lifestyle modifications.
- Ensure delivery of consistent education across all points of care.