Reducing Hospital Acquired Conditions
An integrated education solution that can help reduce HACs and improve patient satisfaction.
The Hospital Acquired Condition Reduction Program was developed to encourage hospitals to identify and reduce the risk of patients acquiring preventable infections during an inpatient stay.
Among other things, this program ranks performance of hospitals on key measures for specific infections, including:
- Central-line-associated blood stream infections
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections
- Surgical-site infections
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and,
- Clostridium difficile (C. Diff)
The Wellness Network’s HAC Reduction solution provides dedicated programming addressing fall prevention and reduction of Hospital Acquired Conditions. Designed based on input from Risk, Safety and Quality Managers, these resources provide patients and their loved ones with an understanding of common HACs, their role in preventing them, as well as signs and symptoms and steps to take if they suspect an HAC.
Multiplatform delivery tools enhance the reach and efficiency of these resources through easy accessibility when and where it is needed most, while EMR integration supports assignment and tracking of education within staff workflow.
Recommended Staff Education
The JCRQSN and CMS Readiness Series, which offers staff CE credit and is available as a series, includes the following relevant programs:
- Infection Control: Preventing Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs)
- Preventing Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs): High-Level Disinfection (HLD) and Sterilization
- Improving Communication, Reducing Medical Errors
Recommended Patient Education Videos & Resources
- Quality of Care Library Highlights: Patient Safety, Fall Prevention, Preventing Infections, Sepsis Prevention, VRE, C. Diff Prevention, Urinary Catheter: How to Prevent Infection, Hand Washing, MRSA Prevention, Preventing Blood Stream Infections, Infection Control, Preventing IV-Related Infections, Medications Management, Preventing Surgical Site Infections, Surgery, and Hospital Discharge.
- In-hospital TV channel
- HealthClips Online Video and Resource Library
- Limited EMR Integration
- Full EMR Integration
SIGN UP FOR A DEMO
- The Hospital Acquired Condition Reduction Program, Paula Ford-Martin
- Medicare Penalizes 758 Hospitals Safety Incidents, Paula Ford-Martin
- Leveraging Expanded Patient Education Libraries, The Wellness Network
- Safe Patient Series, The Wellness Network
- Reducing Medicare Penalties New Year and Beyond, Paula Ford-Martin