Patient Experience Solution
Drive the patient experience with proven education and engagement tools that help improve the quality of care, clinical safety, and patient satisfaction.
Delivering health care has always been about more than providing medical services. For more than 30 years—driven in part by changes in Medicare, as well as increased competition for patients—hospitals and healthcare providers have been aggressively developing initiatives meant to increase patient satisfaction and empower patients. These efforts got a huge boost with the advent of the HCAHPS survey in 2002, when hospitals were incentivized to focus on the patient experience, and patients were finally able to compare hospitals based on their delivery of patient satisfaction.
When patients are actively engaged in their health journey, they feel empowered to make decisions, know what potential problems to look out for, feel more confident with their doctors, and feel less anxious about the procedures they are undergoing. Our patient experience solution combines award-winning patient education resources with technology and helps you reach patients at every step of the patient journey. From inpatient care, to the transition home and post-discharge, our solution positively influences the patient experience and helps meet HCAHPS and patient satisfaction drivers.
Recommended Patient Education Videos & Resources
Our patient education videos help patients understand important steps to reach their recovery goals. Each video demonstrates actions patients can take to recover and shows what types of behaviors are more likely to lead to readmission. We recommend the following HealthClips libraries:
- Ambulatory Care Library: Prevention, testing, and your outpatient visit.
- Cardiology Library: arrhythmias, heart failure, heart surgery, medications, other cardiovascular conditions, other cardiovascular procedures, primary prevention, secondary prevention, stroke, and the basics.
- Diabetes Library: behavior changes, complications, emotions, exercise, medications, monitoring, nutrition, and understanding diabetes.
- Gastroenterology Library: Conditions, GI procedures, and ostomy.
- Integrative Medicine Library: Non-pharmacologic pain management, sleep, and stress reduction and relation.
- Mental & Emotional Health Library: Addiction, anxiety, bipolar & schizophrenia stress, maintaining your emotional health, managing your illness, PTSD, sleep disorders, and stress.
- Neonatal Library: About baby, for family
- Nephrology Library: Chronic kidney disease,
- Oncology Library: Living with cancer, screening, treatment, and types.
- Orthopedic Library: Joint replacement, and orthopedic conditions.
- Palliative & Advance Care Planning Library: Future planning, and your care.
- Pediatric Library: Common conditions & medical terms, diabetes, health literacy, pulmonology, super heroes, and what’s that mean?
- Prenatal & Maternity Library: Breastfeeding, family, labor & delivery, newborns, postpartum, and pregnancy
- Pulmonology Library: Asthma, COPD, and pneumonia
- Quality of Care Library: Hospital discharge, infection control, medications, pain management, patient rights, patient safety, personal medical devices, and surgery.
- Wellness Library: Aging, behavior change, fitness, nutrition, smoking, and weight management.