Supporting NICU Staff and Families through the NICU experience.
The Wellness Network and My NICU Network partner to provide high-quality NICU Staff Education and Family Support.
NICU Staff Education and Family Support delivers hospital staff education and supportive resources for NICU families to hospital NICU departments across the US. This programming offers a critical bridge between staff education and family support resources so NICU staff have the tools needed to support and engage NICU families coping with this intense and complicated environment.
7 Module Series & Family Support Resources
- Emotional Support of NICU Parents
- Communication Skills
- Peer-To-Peer Support
- Family Centered Developmental Care
- Palliative and Bereavement Care
- Discharge Planning and Follow Up Support
- Caring for the Caregiver: Staff Support
Created by professionals and “experts by experience” with quotes from over 100 NICU graduate parents, Caring for NICU Babies and their Families: Providing Psychosocial Support in the NICU is a 7-module online continuing education series. Modules provide much-needed staff training and education to improve psychosocial support and family-centered developmental care. The courses bring research and the parent voice to the forefront simultaneously to deliver the only education of its kind to the NICU professional space. The program modules, which can be taken individually or as the full course, offer CEU credit accredited by PAC/LAC.
Family Support Resources
Your NICU Baby Neonatal Video and Resource Library, by The Wellness Network, offers guideline-compliant educational resources to help parents and extended family members understand procedures, protocols, medical conditions, and infant care so they can better adapt to baby’s NICU stay and prepare for taking care of baby once they head home. The focus of this resource is to help families successfully navigate the NICU experience and transition home.
The Wellness Network, National Perinatal Association, Patient+Family Care and Preemie Parent Alliance are grateful Medela’s support of NICU Staff Education and Family Support.
Our partnering organizations are trusted by parents, families, and professionals in the NICU environment and bring over 85 years of collective expertise in this niche space.
“The NICU experience is fraught with challenges that may disrupt the parent-baby bond. Providing NICU staff with education and tools to help them confidently support parents will help ensure that the family of the NICU baby gets off to a good start. Similarly, making educational resources available to NICU parents encourages them to connect with their babies. A healthy and strong parent-baby bond is essential to positive outcomes for both the NICU baby and family.”
– Sue Hall, MD, Neonatologist and NPA Board member, My NICU Network co-creator, and Chief Medical Officer of The Wellness Network’s Your NICU Baby Neonatal video and resource library.
SIGN UP FOR A DEMO
NICU Blog Posts
- Supporting Families and Staff with Palliative and Bereavement Care in NICU, Sue L. Hall, MD
- Staff Education and Support for the NICU, Sue L. Hall, MD
- Parent Led Peer to Peer Support Organizations NICU Families, Sue L. Hall, MD
- Promoting Comprehensive Family Support of NICU Families to Hospital Administration, Sue L. Hall, MD
- Family Centered Developmental Care, Sue L. Hall, MD
- SIDS and Ensuring Safe Sleep, Sue L. Hall, MD